Sunday, December 21, 2008

FEATURE 16 - Five Experiences Treasured from 2008


RICK & STEVE




Whilst it wasn't able to maintain beyond the first few episodes, the level of scurilous, cat scratching, and irreverant courage to take the piss out of every thing in Gaydom, it does none the less go in there as a most treasured thing. Go on , I dare you not to sing along.

THEATRE DE COMPLICITE




The revival of 'A Dissappearing Number' at the Barbican, was the most exciting and inspiring piece of performance, I've seen in many a decade. Theatre so richly layered, thought provoking and visually enthrawling comes along so rarely.

DAVID FOSTER WALLACE



Sadly, now departed this life by his own hand. But I feel I'm only just starting to discover the rich legacy he left behind in his novels and commentaries on the contemporary zetgeist. It all started with an obituary article in the Guardian that's worth checking out. Here he is talking about failure and the process of writing.

LAURA SOLON



The weird world of Laura Solon, has reached the dizzy heights of Radio Fours half past six slot. David and I've become better acquainted with - 1001 uses for peas - why the China Lion is blue - and why a group of menstruating women on a boat are refusing to sail because a dolphin called them fat with his eyes.

THE HEART OF ORDINATION RETREAT

Something turned around for me during this retreat, not just with regard to my relationship with the Western Buddhist Order I belong to, but also reconnecting with a sense of myself that I appear to have lost sight of during the last five years. A Vidyavajra who can be relaxed, happier and at ease with who he is. Reconstruction is still in progress - obviously.

No comments: