Monday, November 15, 2010

WORK IN PROGRESS - Show of Hands - Stages 1 + 2

I've started work on an artwork/hanging, which will include all the hand outlines of everyone in the business I work for. I hope it will be an enjoyable collective process to be part of, and conclude by creating a unifying visual image for Windhorse

THE FIRST STAGE
Has been preparing the canvas, painting it white, and putting PVA Glue on the edges to stop them fraying further. The canvas is made from eight flattened out product packaging, this is made from a woven synthetic fabric that was wrapped around some jute rugs we sell

THE SECOND STAGE
I drew out a grid of 108 squares into which the hands will be eventually be drawn, and painting the surrounding border a terracotta red.





I'm currently working out the basic background pattern that will go behind the hands, and the colours I'm going to use. This week I start harvesting the hand outlines, which no doubt will be a unique event in itself.

No comments: