Monday, November 14, 2022

A HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK - Hamza Yassin

From the moment I first heard the music Hamza & Jowita were going to dance on Strictly this week, I was so emotionally moved I was on the edge of tears. Hamza represents every average man and woman's dream that, despite their age or seemingly inappropriate size, they too might one day get up and dance like a dream. Just watch in awe the way he thrillingly tosses Jowita up in the air with such confident assured grace.


Jerusalema is one bright upbeat piece of pure joy carved out of seemingly gossamer thin African rhythm. It feels to me as though its the musical companion to the personality of Hamza himself. Who comes across as the nicest, most gentle man you could ever have the supreme good fortune to meet. Watching his small chunky body perform with such feeling for the music, his flexibility and expressive movement, makes me smile every week. I don't think I'm alone in falling a little in love with this quietly dignified and unassuming guy. 

We all want a bit of whatever it is that he has, particularly right now.

No comments: