Tuesday, November 29, 2022

A HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK - Rose Gunpowder GreenTea
















Hubby recently came back from a visit to Nottingham with a couple of packs of beverages. A rather (sharp intake of breath) potent coffee and a pack of loose Rose Gunpowder Green Tea. The later has quickly become my very favourite early morning cuppa. One that I take the time to savour slowly, to slurp and enjoy. 

Sometimes flower infused teas come near to being an insulting tragedy,  far too watery in both flavour and aroma. Or they taste synthetic, with an intensity of pong, indicating some sort of chemically induced essence has been added. As though a rose green tea was meant to be a close relation of pot pourri. I usually like a classic form of tea, and I'm not fond of the willfully exotic Elephant's Toe Nail Tea or food flavoured Bakewell Tart Tea.

This, however, is just a beautiful gently rose infused green tea. I find this is a superb way to gradually awaken to greet the morning dew and myself. Its a subtle highlight of each day, in each week, in this or any other year.

No comments: