Monday, September 25, 2023

FILM CLUB - Upcoming Trilogy Season

The next Film Club Season will be an occasional one where film trilogies will pop up from time to time. In particular trilogies I have not seen before, seen only in part, or would like to see again. 

These films have to be real trilogies, ones that were mostly conceived as such and not an unplanned series of sequels featuring the same characters. Nor a franchise which was created simply to financially exploit the popularity of the first one. So, even though I have not seen The Back To The Future Trilogy, that falls well outside my remit.

The idea behind the trilogies should be that they explore and develop a thematic thread over three films, maybe in entirely different ways, even with entirely different places or characters. I envision that subjects for other Film Club seasons may spontaneously spring from this. I have a provisional list of trilogies to draw from. One that I may happily depart from if 'something comes up'. But the trilogy I'm starting with will be Ingmar Bergman's - Faith Trilogy, the first part being Through A Glass Darkly.



No comments: