Wednesday, May 31, 2023

GNOSTIC OPTICS - The Creativity Of Your Self









'I am the one who conceals and then reveals your Self
But when you conceal your Self, I shall appear.
When you appear I'll hide.
Hold me to your Self from comprehension and regret.
Take me to your Self in ugly and ruined places.
Rob those who are good, even in their ugliness.
Ashamed, take me to your Self shamelessly;
scold my organs in yourself.

Advance, all that know me and my organs
establish high creatures amongst the lowly.
March onto childhood; don't hate that state
because it appears tiny.
Don't reject greatness in smallness.
My nature is peace; but war comes from me.
I am an exile and a subject;
I am substance and unsubstantial.

Those who do not cling to me are ignoramuses,
but those who dwell in my substance know me.
Those who are close do not know me.
When you are near I am distant.
On the day you are distant I am close.
I am within, in your heart;
I am your true nature,
the creativity of your Self.'


Taken from the chapter Thunder, The Gnostic Gospels
Translated by Alan Jacobs
Published by Watkins Media Ltd 2006

No comments: